Friday, August 21, 2026

Anniversary Party

As most of you know I opened three boxes of Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary this summer. 

And, since today marks the tenth anniversary of this blog, I thought I'd show the cards I kept. Here's a team-by-team look at the results of the three box break. We'll start with the worst team result and work our way up to the best team of the break. Here we go...

30. Colorado Rockies

3 cards (all base)

Oof. No Todd Helton, no parallel, not even a Kris Bryant. I didn't pull any of the 14(!) Rockies base cards in the 2025 Chrome Platinum set - which is just as well since I've never heard of 10 of those guys. 

29. Milwaukee Brewers

4 cards (all base)

The best team in baseball was the second-worst in this break. Couldn't even get a Robin Yount base card for the PC.

28. Miami Marlins

7 cards (all base)

I've ranked the Marlins lower than several teams with fewer cards because, well.. look at these guys. The best I could have hoped for would be a Jazz Chisholm RC or World Series heroes Gary Sheffield and Ivan Rodriguez. Breakers should pay us to take this team. 

27. Arizona Diamondbacks

6 cards (all base)

Two Christian Walkers, no Corbin Carrolls, and no parallels. I might have ranked Arizona lower without the Big Unit. 

26. Tampa Bay Rays

6 cards (1 hit)

The American League's best team is the American League's worst team in this break. Tampa ranks one spot ahead of their expansion bretheren thanks to the Longoria refractor. 

25. Cincinnati Reds

7 cards (all base)

Honestly, I should rank the Reds below the Rays - but I didn't want to start this list with all National League teams. Did you know Reggie Sanders is one of only eight players in major league history with 300+ career home runs and 300+ career stolen bases? 

24. Philadelphia Phillies

7 cards (1 hit)

So many great players I could have pulled: Bryce Harper, Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton... instead, I got these guys. The John Kruk card is kind of cool, and a rookie refractor is something I guess.

23. Detroit Tigers

7 cards (1 hit)

Until now I've noted the total number of cards per team and scanned every one. You'll have to trust me here as most of the Tigers cards went to Dennis. I will say that there were no Tigers in the 2025/1955 Chrome box; they're the only AL team that did not appear. 

22. Texas Rangers

9 cards (all base)

I'm certain I got better Tigers than this, but I didn't write down every card I sent out because I wanted to be surprised/reminded when reading your posts. This group of Rangers is bland. No Nolan Ryan? :/

21. Chicago Cubs

9 cards (all base)

The Cubs and Rangers are essentially tied, but I gave Chicago the slighest bump for the Ryne Sandberg card. 

20. Pittsburgh Pirates

4 cards (2 hits)

The NL central did not show up in this three-box break. Pittsburgh has far fewer cards than nearly every other team, but the Clemente refractor (and Cal Mitchell) carries them several spots higher. 

19. San Diego Padres

6 cards (1 hit)

Like with the Tigers, I kept two cards and sent out the rest. Like with the Tigers, I can't remember what I sent out. But I've got a hunch the Padres group had a bit more star power. 

18. Toronto Blue Jays

7 cards (1 hit)

Derek doesn't have a blog so you probably won't see the Blue Jays cards I sent him. The hit was a really nice one though. 

17. Kansas City Royals

9 cards (1 hit)

No Bobby Witt or George Brett, and the Johnny Damon x-fractor is extremely off-center on the back. 


16. Chicago White Sox

5 cards (3 hits)

Here's the only team with a hit rate of over 50%. Each box had (at least) one autograph and Franklin German was the worst of the three. A couple more base cards - Frank Thomas in particular - would have helped here. 

15. San Francisco Giants

12 cards (1 hit)

Lots of nice base cards and some big names, but no single card really stands out more than the base Willie Mays. 

14. Cleveland Guard-ind-ians

9 cards (2 hits)

Initially I had the Guards much higher based on having a serial numbered RC and another refractor RC. But these guys are not good. I didn't even get a Jose Ramirez or Bob Feller. 


13. PHI/KC/OAK/SAC/LV A's

9 cards (1 hit)

Everything you don't see here went to Fuji. I remember what the hit was, and it's better than a Brandon Crawford refractor. [edit: the A’s had two hits. I’m firing my bookkeeper]

12. Boston Red Sox

14 cards (all base)

Yep, you read that right. 14 cards (second-highest total among all teams) and not a single parallel or insert among them. I kept about half of the all-base pile for myself and sent the rest to Matt. 

11. Seattle Mariners

10 cards (1 hit)

A Ken Griffey Jr. card would have been sweet, but A-Rod and King Felix help the M's vault ahead of other one-hit teams. The serial numbered Big Dump would have been better six months ago.

10. Houston Astros

13 cards (3 hits)

Three teams yielded a Dusty Baker's dozen worth of cards and the Astros group was the least impressive. The Reddick (sn'd to 199) is a nice one though.
 

9. Los Angeles Dodgers

11 cards (3 hits)

I'm operating on the assumption that the Dodgers' star power makes up for having two fewer cards than the Astros. Night Owl would know; he's the recipient of the majority of my Dodger pulls. 

8. St. Louis Cardinals

13 cards (3 hits)

All three hits were of Hall of Famers, but nothing serial numbered or autographed. I'm not so sure they should be ahead of the Dodgers, but I really like the Mize x-fractor. 

7. Mont-wash Exp-ats 

9 cards (1 hit)

Nothing notable on the Nationals side, but the Expos were awesome. Two Vlads - including a Fuschia Shimmer numbered to 100 - along with base cards of two other Hall of Fame outfielders.


6. Minnesota Twins

10 cards (2 hits)

Can't ask for better base cards than Puckett, Killebrew, and Hunter (okay, maybe Mauer or Carew instead of Torii) The Buxton refractor is nice, but the big draw here is the Royce Lewis Green Wave #d to 99.

5. Los Anaheim Angeles

10 cards (1 hit)

The Angels rank higher than teams with more cards and more hits because one of the base cards is a Shohei Ohtani I just had to keep, and the hit is a serial numbered autograph I sent to Tom.

4. Baltimore Orioles

11 cards (4 hits)

The O's check in with the second-most non-base cards in the break and the second-most serial numbered singles, led by the Adley Rutschman #d/75. Hall of Famers (including one I mailed out) boost this group even further. 

3. New York Yankees

13 cards (3 hits)

Bo got one of the two best pulls in the entire break. He also got a refractor of an above average fan  favorite. A Derek Jeter or Aaron Judge hit would have vaulted the Yanks into first place. 

2. New York Mets

8 cards (1 hit)

If you didn't watch the videos I posted for these box breaks, you may be wondering how a team with these seven fairly standard base cards ranked higher than teams with autographs, low serial-numbered refractors, and tons more star power. It's because the second auto of the 2025/1955 break was... 








I was very excited to pull this card, thinking I had some blue-chip prospect on my hands. Ha! Can you tell I haven't followed baseball in a few years? Acuna was traded to the White Sox for Luis Robert(!!) and currently has a 52 OPS+, which means he'd have to double his production just to be a replacement-level player. Wooo. 

If Acuna was merely decent, this card would put the Mets at the top of the Chrome Platinum mountain. Instead, they once again lose to their archrivals...

1. Atlanta Braves

20 cards (6 hits)


Autographed card? Atlanta doesn't need no stinkin' autographed card. The Braves had quality and quantity across all three boxes - with four serial-numbered parallels led by a Chipper Jones #d/50. If I could draft single cards out of this break it would take me several rounds before I picked a Brave. But if I could draft team lots, the best overall value is right here. It's a bummer Johnny didn't join the fun, but I did share the wealth a little bit 😉



That's what I got for my anniversary. What did you get?



Thanks for reading!



~

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. https://diamond-jesters.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-collectors-anniversary-celebration.html

      Delete
  2. Posted mine - thanks again!
    https://borosny.blogspot.com/2026/08/thanks-collector.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll echo Matt and Bo saying thanks again and Happy Anniversary! Got my post up, too: https://baseballcardbreakdown.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-collectors-anniversary-celebration.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again, it's been a lot of fun. Post is up https://angelsandpatriotsinorder.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-collectors-anniversary-package.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray and congrats! I'm working on my post right now so I can be like the cool kids who are posting today. Thanks again, and congrats on both your milestones and some nice keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary again! Mine will show up this evening. I'll link it later. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got a rock or some how my package got lost 😕

    ReplyDelete

Anniversary Party

As most of you know I opened three boxes of Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary this summer.  And, since today marks the tenth anniversary of ...