Saturday, July 25, 2026

It's Done

 I finally finished a set project decades in the making. 


After a couple Sportlots purchases and a PWE trade that took more than a month to complete, I now have every base* card in every Upper Deck hockey set from 1990-91 to 2025-26. 

*this does not include Young Guns or other short-printed cards. 


There are about a dozen cards with corner dings that I might try to replace/upgrade through TCDB trades, and I have not decided if I want to add 2025-26 Upper Deck Extended Series to this project. I could buy blasters right now at Barnes & Noble but I'd prefer to just buy the full base set for the same price (or less


That decision might come down to whether or not I can fit them in my rows of 800-ct boxes. 

I don't consider having this 200-card extension neccessary at the moment. Perhaps I'll reconsider soon. 


But for now, it's done. All 35 Upper Deck hockey sets are complete.




Oh, and I completed another set recently. 


The last card arrived in the mail yesterday. 



It had to go through eBay's authentication program (it didn't have to, but...) hence the sealed sleeve. I might break the seal on it. I've kept a couple other graded cards sealed with that crud - but this one's special.
 



Exactly nine years and eleven months after officially starting the set build... it's done. 




I'll have more posts about this once I complete my stats spreadsheet and scan a few more singles from this 70 year old set. 


Now I can focus on some much newer and cheaper projects...


Thanks for reading!


~



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the completion of your 1956 set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I have giveaway stuff to send you. Drop me your address in a comment (I won’t publish) or message me on TCDB (I’m CTChris)

      Delete
  2. Wow nice accomplishments. I had the inaugural UD set at one time, but lost interest in hockey. Wish I still had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be my favorite hockey set ever, even after 35+ years of collecting. The marble team color borders were just perfect 👌

      Delete
  3. Wow, double congrats! Those are both super impressive accomplishments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the set completions! Great stuff!

    - Bo (Blogger is making me comment anonymously)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some FEATS. Big time congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude. Congratulations! I'm so jealous! The 1956 Topps baseball set is my favorite design of all-time!

    The run of Upper Deck hockey sets is impressive too. I think my longest streak is Topps baseball (1973 to 1987)

    ReplyDelete

It's Done

  I finally finished a set project decades in the making.  After a couple Sportlots purchases and a PWE trade that took more than a month to...