It's unbearably hot outside this week, so I stayed inside and filmed my first-ever box break video.
Some of the names are probably mispronounced (if you can even hear them) and I didn't exactly prepare in advance. But, if you would like to see every card in the first box, here it is:
Also the end is missing because I paused to wipe sweat off my forehead and forgot to press record again. Such an amateur :/
For the eight of you who chose a name and number to enter the break..
1 - Night Owl (Pee Wee Reese)
2- Gavin (Derek Jeter)
3 - Fuji (no player name given)
4 - Derek (George Springer)
5 - Bo (Joe DiMaggio)
6 - Matt K. (Johnny Pesky)
7 - Tom (Mickey Mantle)
8 - Dennis (Cal Ripken Jr)
I'm not planning to post regular sports card content on YT - just a few videos related to the Anniversary celebration. And maybe one more when I complete the 1956 Topps set. 😉
~
Super nice of you to do this Chris. You did great on the video, you're a natural. as far as cutting it off...been there. I was once the voice in a cockpit simulator. After almost an hour of recording I realized I hadn't set it up right and had to redo all of it!
ReplyDeleteYou are braver than I ... Will check out the video when I get done with work.
ReplyDeleteYeah, fun stuff.. thanks! Fingers crossed you pull me a Jeter auto, ha. And looks like you pulled some nice Braves, so... like.... if it would help simplify things... I'm happy to give up any of my stake in the Padres to Fuji and maybe then you can pencil me in for Braves instead (if they're not spoken for; a "secondary favorite" team of mine). But whatever you wanna do, I'm just happy to be included. Thanks again!
ReplyDelete👍
ReplyDeleteNice video, Chris! Keep the good anniversary vibes going. Thanks again for your generosity with whatever you end up sending. I hope you pull something nice for yourself!
ReplyDeleteHa! I'm not holding my breath on any Peskys! I don't think Topps has had a regular card of his in any product for the past 20 years!
ReplyDeleteI appreciated the raw amateurish natural aspect of the video. Honestly I hate break videos and usually make it through 2 minutes before quitting. This one, I watched the full thing!
ReplyDeleteGood stuff.
ReplyDeleteSuper generous of you bro. I've been on the lookout for Platinum Anniversary blasters ever since they came out and was only able to find the original release. Based on my observations (which doesn't mean much)... next to flagship, this is the most popular baseball product. By the way... great job on the box break! You pulled some nice #'d cards. And any box with #19 Mr. Padre is a winner in my book. There was a time when I considered doing box breaks... but I hate hearing my own voice.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Sorry I dropped the ball on the number thing. Honestly... the only player that I can think of to wear #3 off the top of my head is Babe Ruth.
P.S. #2: I appreciate you thinking of me when it comes to the Padres, but I feel like Gavin (and Rod) are the true diehard fans/collectors (since I split my franchise loyalty with the A's).