Sunday, December 21, 2025

Christmas Care Package

 It has been several months since I've received a sports card care package in the mail, so I had to take a day off from the Topps Advent calendar to mark the occasion. 

The always generous Dennis sent me a bubble mailer with a bunch of PC hits and one card I forgot I claimed from one of his card show hauls:


Really liked this Clyde Edwards-Helaire patch when I saw it - thick swatch, three colors, and seam across the swatch. It's a welcome addition to my relics and thick cards box -- which is now full! 

That's because Dennis hit me with nine more memorabilia cards -- including eight Red Sox!


Seven new David Ortiz relics??! This is one third of all the Papi memorabilia cards in my collection!  (Not pictured: a Pedro Martinez 2025 Donruss single)



Dennis also sent some Devils and a Dan Marino insert serial numbered to 5,000. The Martin Brodeur Ice cards are a base McDonalds and a red parallel.


I'm still updating my totals on TCDB but I know that I now have over 500 different Martin Brodeur cards - many thanks to Dennis!



Back to the advent calendar tomorrow.



Thanks for reading!



~

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I'm glad you liked your presents. Good luck on the rest of the advent calendar packs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot of relics in one package, let alone of one guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Papi relics, especially the red ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty solid Big Papi care package. Dennis hooked it up.

    ReplyDelete

Four Months To Go

If I'm going to retire from card collecting at the end of 2026 (and that is a big IF), I have a lot left to do. Specifically, I need to ...